by Maria Chatzi
Beach stones snowman crafts make fantastic winter projects for kids having to stay indoors when the temperatures are low outside and the days are short.
Snowmen and snowpeople are among favorite winter themes for kids, parents and teachers. They are cheerful, festive, adorable, heart-warming and sometimes whimsical.
You can have kids personalize their beach pebble and rock snowmen crafts, making their craft activity more meaningful to them.
They could add special messages or their name and the year this present was handcrafted by them.
They may even develop a new hobby out of it, collecting pebble and rock snowmen made by themselves or their friends and siblings.
Encourage children to recycle materials they find around the house or gather materials from nature, like twigs and seeds to embellish the snowmen crafts they create with beach stones.
For some of the following craft projects, rocks and pebbles don’t necessarily have to be round, any shape will do, as long as they don’t have sharp edges that might cut children’s hands.
Let kids be innovative, creative and unique – it comes natural to them. Allow each child to make their own version of snowpeople.
Here’s a list of ideas for beach stones snowman crafts for kids of all ages.
1. Snowman rock sculptures for their room, made with stacked pebbles which kids paint a face on, tie a felt scarf around his neck and glue 3 real buttons
2. Beach pebble snowman framed wall art pieces – children can craft a snowman family or a lonely snowman in a winter scene, which they can gift to a friend or their teacher, or display in their room
3. Backpack keyring charms for a children’s school bag are cute and easy to make with a painted pebble snowman – a good addition to the whole design is a snowflake charm and crystal beads
4. Painted rock doorstopper snowmen are also exciting and easy for kids to create – younger children need help to choose (two or three) stones of the right size and shape, so that they would stand upright
5. Snowpeople family wreaths, crafted with flat and rounded beach pebbles kids will use to paint their bodies, and a story foam base for the wreath – they, first, need to cover the wreath’s base with burlap, and then glue the snowpeople family on the lower part of the wreath.
6. Snowmen made with three beach pebble buttons to decorate kids’ scarves, knitted hats, backpacks and even boots
7. Beach pebble snowman rings are fun for kids of any age, especially for girls - all they have to do is paint a snowman face on a small smooth and rounded beach pebble and use a strong and non-toxic craft glue to glue it on a ready-made ring base bought from a craft supplies store.
8. Beach pebble snowman pendants - children can either craft a pin with a snowman face they paint on a beach pebble or use a small piece or balsa wood, or a small and thin tree branch slice, as a base for their pendant and glue three beach pebble buttons on the base, to form the snowman
9. Beach pebble snowman pins – they will paint a snowman face on a small smooth, thin and rounded beach pebble and use a strong and non-toxic craft glue to glue it on a ready-made pin base bought from a craft supplies store.
10. Pebble snowman fridge magnets – have children make a couple of these with various snowpeople faces, and scenes too, and then use them as visual prompts for story telling and story writing
11. Beach stones snowman place card holders – made with only a small smooth, thin and rounded beach pebble (to paint the snowman face on) and a piece of cardboard (to write the child’s name on) this is a great activity for kids when organizing birthdays, craft and art making parties, and holiday family gatherings
12. Beach stone snowman paperweights – kids can embellish these in various ways recycling things we have around the house and give the beach stone paperweights to friends and family members who have their birthday in winter, or offer them as a winter holiday gift to teachers
Plan beach stones snowman crafts beforehand, so you have all the materials and tools needed for the activity. Anounce it to kids so as to build up anticipation – this creates greater enthusiasm for the activity.
The above ideas for snowman crafts for kids will delight all children, strengthen family bonds and friendships (if chosen as a family gathering craft or birthday party craft) and they will certainly beat winter boredom. They are also good choices for teachers looking for winter crafts and art projects.
Go from Beach Stones Snowman Crafts for Kids to Fun Beach Stones Kids Activities
Outdoor and Indoor Summer Kids Activities with Beach Stones
List of Beachstone Art Ideas for Children
Easy to Make Puppets with Beach Pebbles
Back to School Ideas with Pebbles and Rocks
Creative and Educational Beach Stones Hobbies for Kids
Beach Stones Poetry Activities for Kids