Beach stones snowman crafts make fantastic winter projects for
kids having to stay indoors when the temperatures are low outside and the days
are short. Snowmen and snowpeople are among favorite winter themes, cheerful,
festive, adorable, heart-warming and sometimes whimsical. Rocks and pebbles
snowman crafts can decorate your home throughout all the winter months, being
very cute and valued as keepsakes.
You can adapt these ideas for snowman crafts to the skills of preschoolers or those of school age children. You can have kids personalize their artsy snowmen if they intend to give them as presents to teachers, friends or family, making their craft activity more meaningful. They could add special messages or their name and the year this present was handcrafted by them. Children will be so much thrilled with this activity that they may develop a new hobby out of it, collecting beach stones snowman crafts or any kind of snowman crafts made by themselves or others.
All of the following beach stones snowman crafts could be made
with cheap embellishing materials, non-toxic markers, low cost paint brushes
and tools found around the house. All you need is beach rocks and pebbles
(river rocks are O.K. too) in the right size and form for your snowman crafts. For
some of the following craft projects, rocks and pebbles don’t necessarily have
to be round, any shape will do, as long as they don’t have sharp edges
that might cut children’s hands. Let kids be
innovative, creative and unique – it comes natural to them. Allow each child to
make their own version of snowpeople.
Here’s a bunch of beach stones snowman crafts ideas for kids of all ages, to keep their mind and hands engaged. Each one of the artful pebble craft ideas given below is a great opportunity for the development of new skills and promises an exciting hands-on experience.
1. Snowman rock sculptures for their room, made with stacked pebbles which kids paint a face on, tie a felt scarf around his neck and glue 3 real buttons
2. Beach pebble snowman framed wall art pieces – children can craft a snowman family or a lonely snowman in a winter scene, which they can gift to a friend or their teacher, or display in their room
Backpack keyring charms for a children’s school bag are cute and
easy to make with a painted pebble snowman – a good addition to the whole
design is a snowflake charm and crystal beads
4. Painted rock doorstopper snowmen are also exciting and easy for kids to create – younger children need help to choose (two or three) stones of the right size and shape, so that they would stand upright
5. Snowpeople family wreaths, crafted with flat and rounded beach pebbles kids will use to paint their bodies, and a story foam base for the wreath – they, first, need to cover the wreath’s base with burlap, and then glue the snowpeople family on the lower part of the wreath.
6. Snowmen made with three beach pebble buttons to decorate kids’ scarves, knitted hats, backpacks and even boots
7. Beach pebble snowman rings are fun for kids of any age, especially for girls - all they have to do is paint a snowman face on a small smooth and rounded beach pebble and use a strong and non-toxic craft glue to glue it on a ready-made ring base bought from a craft supplies store.
8. Beach pebble snowman pendants - children can either craft a pin with a snowman face they paint on a beach pebble or use a small piece or balsa wood, or a small and thin tree branch slice, as a base for their pendant and glue three beach pebble buttons on the base, to form the snowman
9. Beach pebble snowman pins – they will paint a snowman face on a small smooth, thin and rounded beach pebble and use a strong and non-toxic craft glue to glue it on a ready-made pin base bought from a craft supplies store.
10. Pebble snowman fridge magnets – have children make a couple of these with various snowpeople faces, and scenes too, and then use them as visual prompts for story telling and story writing
11. Beach stones snowman place card holders – made with only a small smooth, thin and rounded beach pebble (to paint the snowman face on) and a piece of cardboard (to write the child’s name on) this is a great activity for kids when organizing birthdays, craft and art making parties, and holiday family gatherings
12. Beach stone snowman paperweights – kids can embellish these in various ways recycling things we have around the house and give the beach stone paperweights to friends and family members who have their birthday in winter, or offer them as a winter holiday gift to teachers
Plan beach stones snowman crafts beforehand, so you have all the materials and tools needed for the activity. Anounce it to kids so as to build up anticipation – this creates greater enthusiasm for the activity.
The above ideas for snowman crafts for kids will delight all children, strengthen family bonds and friendships (if chosen as a family gathering craft or birthday party craft) and they will certainly beat winter boredom. They are also good choices for teachers looking for winter crafts and art projects.
Go from Beach Stones Snowman Crafts for Kids to Fun Beach Stones Kids Activities
Outdoor and Indoor Summer Kids Activities with Beach Stones
List of Beachstone Art Ideas for Children
Easy to Make Puppets with Beach Pebbles
Back to School Ideas with Pebbles and Rocks
Creative and Educational Beach Stones Hobbies for Kids
Beach Stones Poetry Activities for Kids