Fun cheap things to do with beach stones is what you need if
you’re money tight and would like to spend some memorable, enjoyable time with
friends or family, indoors or outdoors. Buy natural, polished or unpolished, classic
or unusual, drilled (or not) beach stones and beach pebbles. You could get some
unique jewelry making beach stones in batches at a real bargain price. Or, become a beachcomber; pick from the beach
small and inspiring rocks and pebbles and other interesting finds whenever you
go on a beachcombing trip to a seaside village or other coastal destination. When
collecting beach finds, keep in mind that driftwood, sea tumbled tile and
pottery shards, recycled glass, all make good combinations with beach pebbles
for fun cheap things to do during weekends and holidays, and as everyday stress
Here are some fun cheap things to do with the rocks and pebbles you bring back from your beachcombing trips:
1. Craft some diy fashionable
accessories. Belts, head bands, hair clips, bag and purse charms,
accessories for hippy and bohemian style boots, can all be handcrafted by you with
beach stones and pebbles. Accessories made of natural beach pebbles and
semi-precious beach gemstones make good conversation starters, especially if
they have a unique handcrafted design.
2. Another “fun cheap things to do” idea is to make some unique decorative items. Buy some good quality paint and a couple of brushes and paint beach rocks and pebbles for home and garden decoration. An easy idea for adults, and kids too, is to draw and paint doodling designs with bright colors on smooth, wave tumbled beach stones and display them on a shelf or bowl.
For artists, and artful crafters, who want to create an eye-catching, memorable piece of art with beach rocks and pebbles, a good idea is to place their creative emphasis on the relationship between the form of what they intend to create and the form of the specific beach stone they are going to use in their artwork.
Examples of items you can create are: pebble wall art hangings, standalone beach stone sculptures, decorative pillows with beach pebble button art designs, painted beach rocks to use as book ends, corner tables with pebble mosaic tops.
3. Start a collection of small gemstones found on the beach (preferably, pick those that are flat on the back side), to make yourself some striking style-statement jewelry. Use the stones you’ve collected to form an abstract design on a thin slice of a tree branch with an unusual, abstract shape. Drill a hole on the top part of the wood slice, glue the stones on it with a strong craft glue, paint the edges with gold paint, and your statement pendant is ready for you to hang it on a leather cord and wear.Using the same easy technique, you can make a statement ring and a statement brooch. These are also fun cheap things to do when organizing jewelry making workshops with teens and other community members for fundraising purposes.
4. Take some shots of beach stones and rocks, rocky shorelines, pebbly beaches, or ephemeral beach art you make on the spot with rocks and pebbles. One of the fun cheap things to do with these photos is to create your own amazing collage art. Remember that the photo you want as the focal point of your artwork has to be larger than the others. Move photos around on your collage paper (cardstock or cardboard), to see how the design looks, before you start using your glue. Do not make any borders or frames. When the collage is ready you will use your scanner and printer to make prints of your art to use for the creation of small journal covers, bookmarks, gift wrapping paper for small gifts, and pebbly-beach-themed stationary.
You can also experiment with adding other natural materials to your collage art, 3D items related to your beach theme, like tiny sea glass pieces, very small shells and tree roots found on the beach.
1. Search online or offline bookstores for magazines and books that give you ideas for additional fun cheap things to do with beach pebbles.
2. Cheap beach stones activities will keep primary school age kids occupied and happy indoors, when the weather or other family conditions do not permit outdoor activities. One idea is to have a lady bug pebble art competition (painting lady bugs on pebbles).
3. Buy some e-books with step-by-step craft projects and a couple of crafting techniques e-books. Keep in mind that not all e-books are cheaper than traditionally printed books. Also, subscribe to newsletters of websites and blogs that offer free art and crafts tutorials.
4. Keep a small notebook handy with ideas for some fun cheap things to do on your own or as a team project with friends, family, or other community members.
Go from Fun Cheap Things to Do with Beach Stones to Being Frugal with Beach Stones
Ideas for Beach Stones Inexpensive Anniversary Gifts
Frugal Tips and List of Cheap Beach Stones Decorating Ideas
Frugal Tips and Ideas for Inexpensive Beach Stones Centerpieces