by Maria Chatzi
Diy anniversary gifts with beach stones and pebbles may be inexpensive to make, as they cost only your time (if they have been hand picked by you during beach combing after a stormy day), but they add that special warmth to your gift giving, which is always very much appreciated by all. They also come with that amazing energy that is part of most natural materials, revitalizing and calming at the same time.
Here is a list of 6 artful anniversary gift ideas, made with pebbles and stones from the beach, which are sure to touch the heart of the recipient. So, before looking in the market for a gift try crafting it yourself.
Write a short poem on a piece of fine paper, and make a collage with two or three mini photos of the couple, placed around the poem. Set the whole arrangement in a photo frame which you’ve decorated with beach stones.
Beach stone key ring. Draw or engrave the couple’s initials and a small open heart on the stone and hang it on the ring with a piece of fine quality leather cord. Add an authentic sea glass charm or a recycled glass charm.
Make 3D modern art with beach stones on a piece of wooden artist board. Set it in a frame made with driftwood.
Make a small decorative wreath with copper wire for its base and decorate it with beach stones and silk ribbons. Write the names or initials of the recipients on the stones, the anniversary year and date, or the words “love”, “forever”, “perfect couple”.
Decorate rounded beach stones with lace in different designs and of varying colors and width. Leave some space on the stones uncovered, to write the names or initials of the recipients and the anniversary year and date. Place them in a beautiful container and match your gift with a beautiful handcrafted anniversary art card.
Make silver jewelry. Use beach stones (drilled or not), sterling silver or silver plated wire, beads, ribbons, sterling silver or silver plated charms, leather and waxed cotton strings. Artful and unique necklaces, earrings, pendants, bracelets are always top choice inexpensive anniversary gifts when picking beach stone gifts for women.
The above inexpensive anniversary gifts will capture feelings and remind a couple how special their relationship is. As beach stone gifts are one of a kind, they will make a wedding anniversary memorable for the years to come.
How to embellish the package of your beach stones inexpensive anniversary gifts
Following are six ideas for creative embellishments you can handcraft with beach pebbles and which will make your gift wrapping unforgettable.
1. Match the pebble embellishment to the beachstones anniversary gift inside the package – if the gift is a ring, paint a ring on a smooth flat top-drilled pebble and tie it to the gifts ribbon with a piece of string or twine.
2. If you’re on the green side and wrapping a gift box in eco-friendly unicolor paper or an eco-friendly brown bag, glue a large burlap strip on the package and, after the glue has dried completely, design and create a small simple pebble wreath (with tiny pebbles so it will be light-weight) to glue on the burlap strip. The simplicity of the pebble wreath stands out.
3. An unusual idea is to create a pebble mosaic bow, glued on a piece of cardboard (to be sturdy), which you will then glue onto a wide satin lace ribbon you will have wrapped around your package.
4. An even easier and faster way to embellish a gift wrapped is to use real pebbles, which have an interesting texture, to stamp your gift paper.
5. Another quick and easy package embellishing idea is to wrap a large burlap wire-edged ribbon around the package (personalize it with the color preferred by the gift receiver) and glue two flat, thin, rounded and smooth beach pebbles on it, on which you will paint the initials of the person you are giving the anniversary gift to.
6. And, finally, if you want to embellish your inexpensive but one-of-a-kind anniversary gifts with something which is a small keepsake gift itself craft beach pebble keyring charms and tie them with string, ribbons or twine to your gifts.